STATIX F Tablet 10's
By Biocon Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is STATIX F Tablet used for?
STATIX F Tablet tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of mixed dyslipidaemia (elevated blood cholesterol levels).
STATIX F Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does STATIX F Tablet work?
STATIX F Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents. It acts by lowering the levels of low-density lipoproteins and plasma triglycerides by inhibiting the synthesis of triglycerides. Thus, it helps in reducing the blood cholesterol levels in the body.
How to take STATIX F Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take STATIX F Tablet tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take STATIX F Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of STATIX F Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with STATIX F Tablet?
Drugs that interact with STATIX F Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of STATIX F Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of STATIX F Tablet:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat
- Allergic reactions
- Blurred vision
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent nausea and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Dark-coloured urine
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking STATIX F Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on STATIX F Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking STATIX F Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- Avoid STATIX F Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take STATIX F Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking STATIX F Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in STATIX F Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about STATIX F Tablet
- Can I take a higher dose of STATIX F Tablet for faster recovery?
- What laboratory tests should I undergo in case of accidental overdose of STATIX F Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of STATIX F Tablet?
- Is it safe to take STATIX F Tablet during pregnancy?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking STATIX F Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug as the dosage of STATIX F Tablet is prescribed based on the severity of the condition.
The doctor may monitor LFTs (liver function tests) and CPKs (creatine phosphokinase test) to identify the unabsorbed drug, which may be eliminated by gastric lavage.
The contraindications of STATIX F Tablet are hypersensitivity, liver and kidney dysfunction, pre-existing gallbladder disease and elevated levels of serum transaminases.
No, do not take STATIX F Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advised to undergo complete blood count (CBC), while taking STATIX F Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.