SPORANOX Capsule 4's
By Johnson & Johnson Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
10% Unlimited NMS Cash*
(on All Full Pre-Paid Orders)
*Cashback validity: 31 days
Rs.36.00 (88% Savings)
Rs.39.80 (87% Savings)
Rs.39.88 (87% Savings)
Rs.39.88 (87% Savings)
Rs.39.90 (87% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SPORANOX Capsule used for?
SPORANOX Capsule capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of fungal infections of lungs, mouth, throat, toenails or fingernails.
SPORANOX Capsule eye drops are recommended for the treatment of fungal keratitis.
SPORANOX Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SPORANOX Capsule work?
SPORANOX Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called azole anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by preventing the growth of fungi by interfering with the cell membrane synthesis of fungi.
How to use SPORANOX Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SPORANOX Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule should be taken after a meal. Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Instil the SPORANOX Capsule eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye.
What are the drugs that interact with SPORANOX Capsule?
Drugs that interact with SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SPORANOX Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule:
- Stomach upset
- Severe cough
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual weakness
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Sudden weight gain
The following are the most common side effects of SPORANOX Capsule eye drops:
- Blurred vision
- Redness in the eye
- Swelling of the eye
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SPORANOX Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SPORANOX Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SPORANOX Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before using SPORANOX Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver, heart or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SPORANOX Capsule
- How should SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule?
- Is it safe to use SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule while taking statins?
- What are the other formulations of SPORANOX Capsule available?
Store SPORANOX Capsule in a cool, dry place away from light and moisture.
You must monitor your complete blood count while using SPORANOX Capsule tablet/capsule.
Avoid grapefruit juice, calcium-containing products such as milk and other dairy products while taking SPORANOX Capsule.
It is not safe to use SPORANOX Capsule while taking statins, as these drugs increase the risk of rhabdomyolysis when used together.
SPORANOX Capsule is also available as oral solution and injectable solution.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.