SORAFENAT 200mg Tablet
By Natco Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is SORAFENAT 200mg used for?
SORAFENAT 200mg is used for the treatment of following types of cancers:
- Advanced renal cell carcinoma
- Liver cancer
- Thyroid cancer
SORAFENAT 200mg may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SORAFENAT 200mg work?
SORAFENAT 200mg belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cancer drugs. This drug acts by inhibiting tumour cell growth by preventing tumour angiogenesis. Thus, it helps in decreasing the growth and spread of cancer cells.
How to take SORAFENAT 200mg?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SORAFENAT 200mg as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug 30 minutes before a meal on an empty stomach as the food reduces the absorption of the drug.
If you miss a dose of SORAFENAT 200mg, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SORAFENAT 200mg?
Drugs that interact with SORAFENAT 200mg include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SORAFENAT 200mg?
The following are the most common side effects of SORAFENAT 200mg:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased menstrual bleeding
- Muscle cramps
- Pale and dry skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Red or dark brown urine
- Severe diarrhoea
- Bloody vomiting
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SORAFENAT 200mg?
- Avoid SORAFENAT 200mg during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SORAFENAT 200mg.
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to SORAFENAT 200mg or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking SORAFENAT 200mg if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SORAFENAT 200mg causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid getting pregnant while taking SORAFENAT 200mg tablet. Use effective contraceptives while using the drug.
You are advised not to take SORAFENAT 200mg if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SORAFENAT 200mg?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction to any food or medicines.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about SORAFENAT 200mg
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SORAFENAT 200mg?
- What are the contraindications of SORAFENAT 200mg tablet?
- Is it safe to use SORAFENAT 200mg tablet during pregnancy?
- How long can I take SORAFENAT 200mg?
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood picture along with blood pressure and ECG while taking SORAFENAT 200mg tablet. However, individuals using warfarin should monitor the prothrombin time (PT) while taking the medicine.
SORAFENAT 200mg tablet should be avoided in case of myocardial infarction, bleeding or other cardiac disorders. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of these disorders.
Avoid taking SORAFENAT 200mg tablet during pregnancy as it increases the complications in the foetus.
Take SORAFENAT 200mg tablet for a prescribed duration. Do not discontinue the use of the tablet without consulting the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.