What is SOLVIN DECONG Tablet used for?
SOLVIN DECONG Tablet syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of nasal congestion and cough.
SOLVIN DECONG Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SOLVIN DECONG Tablet work?
In SOLVIN DECONG Tablet, Bromhexine belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytics. The drug acts by reducing mucous viscosity, thereby enhancing the transport of mucus. Thus, it helps in easy elimination of mucus.
Phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant. The drug acts by constricting nasal mucosa by stimulating certain receptors and relieves nasal congestion, thereby lowering the discomfort and making it easy to breathe.
How to take SOLVIN DECONG Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SOLVIN DECONG Tablet syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take SOLVIN DECONG Tablet with or without food.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of SOLVIN DECONG Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SOLVIN DECONG Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SOLVIN DECONG Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SOLVIN DECONG Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SOLVIN DECONG Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Profuse sweating
- Severe abdominal pain
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SOLVIN DECONG Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drugs or herbal products while on SOLVIN DECONG Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking SOLVIN DECONG Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- Individuals suffering from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease should be cautious while taking SOLVIN DECONG Tablet
- Avoid SOLVIN DECONG Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take SOLVIN DECONG Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SOLVIN DECONG Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in SOLVIN DECONG Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about SOLVIN DECONG Tablet
- How should SOLVIN DECONG Tablet be stored?
- Can I take a higher dose of SOLVIN DECONG Tablet for faster recovery?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking SOLVIN DECONG Tablet?
SOLVIN DECONG Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C). Keep it away from light and moisture.
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug as the dosage of SOLVIN DECONG Tablet is prescribed based on the severity of the condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advisable to have plenty of liquids while on SOLVIN DECONG Tablet as diarrhoea is one of the side effects of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.