SOLFE Tablet 10's
By Abbott India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is SOLFE Tablet used for?
SOLFE Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of anaemia and deficiency disorders.
SOLFE Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SOLFE Tablet work?
In SOLFE Tablet, Cyanocobalamin (Vit B12) belongs to the class of nutritional supplement. It is required for the body to convert food into energy and helps in maintaining healthy nerves, skin and blood cells.
Folic Acid belongs to the class of vitamins. It is involved in various metabolic processes, such as synthesis and maintenance of blood cells.
Sodium Feredetate belongs to the class of nutritional supplement. It serves as a source of iron to treat anaemia.
How to take SOLFE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SOLFE Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of SOLFE Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SOLFE Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SOLFE Tablet include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SOLFE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SOLFE Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Behavioural changes
- Fast heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SOLFE Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to SOLFE Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SOLFE Tablet.
- Avoid SOLFE Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SOLFE Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take SOLFE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SOLFE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or any nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking SOLFE Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about SOLFE Tablet
- How should SOLFE Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the SOLFE Tablet?
- Is it safe to use methyldopa while taking SOLFE Tablet?
It should be stored at room temperature (15-30°c) away from light, heat and moisture.
No. It is unsafe to alter the dose of SOLFE Tablet. Please consult the doctor before altering the dose.
No. it is unsafe to use methyldopa concomitantly with SOLFE Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.