SIZODON 2mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.16.86 (60% Savings)
Rs.24.47 (42% Savings)
Rs.26.00 (39% Savings)
Rs.28.46 (33% Savings)
Rs.32.60 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SIZODON 2mg Tablet used for?
SIZODON 2mg Tablet is used in the treatment certain mood/mental disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It is also used to treat irritability in autistic disorders in children between 5 and 16 years old.
SIZODON 2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SIZODON 2mg Tablet work?
SIZODON 2mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called atypical anti-psychotic drugs. This drug acts by blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain. Thus, it helps in reducing the symptoms of schizophrenia, such as hallucinations, delusions and impaired speech.
How to use SIZODON 2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- SIZODON 2mg Tablet is available in suspension, injection, solution and tablet dosage forms.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well to ensure the proper mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- SIZODON 2mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of SIZODON 2mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms for SIZODON 2mg Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness/drowsiness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Uncontrolled movements
What are the drugs that interact with SIZODON 2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SIZODON 2mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SIZODON 2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SIZODON 2mg Tablet:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in concentration
- Skin rash
- Muscle spasm
- Memory problems
- Trouble sleeping
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stiffness of arms/legs
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SIZODON 2mg Tablet?
- Avoid extreme cold or hot temperatures while using SIZODON 2mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SIZODON 2mg Tablet causes extreme dizziness.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SIZODON 2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using SIZODON 2mg Tablet medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid SIZODON 2mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- SIZODON 2mg Tablet increases the body sensitivity to the hot or cold conditions. Therefore, residing in extreme temperatures should be avoided while using SIZODON 2mg Tablet.
- Avoid alcohol while on SIZODON 2mg Tablet medication as it may cause severe side effects.
You are advised not to use SIZODON 2mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using SIZODON 2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to SIZODON 2mg Tablet or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about SIZODON 2mg Tablet
- Can I use SIZODON 2mg Tablet to treat dementia?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SIZODON 2mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on SIZODON 2mg Tablet medication?
No. Although, SIZODON 2mg Tablet is used to treat mental/mood disorders, it is not used to treat dementia. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication to treat dementia.
No, altering the dose of SIZODON 2mg Tablet is not advised. SIZODON 2mg Tablet should be used in the prescribed doses.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood sugar levels, complete blood cell count, and blood pressure periodically while on SIZODON 2mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.