Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
SIMVAS 5mg Tablet 10's
What is SIMVAS 5mg Tablet used for?
SIMVAS 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high levels of low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels in the blood.
SIMVAS 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SIMVAS 5mg Tablet work?
SIMVAS 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hyperlipidaemic agents. SIMVAS 5mg Tablet inhibits cholesterol biosynthesis by inhibiting certain enzymes in the liver, which limits the rate of cholesterol synthesis. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
How to take SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SIMVAS 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SIMVAS 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SIMVAS 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SIMVAS 5mg Tablet:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle pain
- Nasal congestion
- Pale and dry skin
- Runny nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Blood in the urine
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe diarrhoea
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SIMVAS 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking SIMVAS 5mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of SIMVAS 5mg Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take SIMVAS 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension and liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about SIMVAS 5mg Tablet
- I am on SIMVAS 5mg Tablet for high cholesterol. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How long can I take SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SIMVAS 5mg Tablet?
Discontinuing SIMVAS 5mg Tablet is not advised. The medicine may be recommended for a long-term use to prevent the risk of hypercholesterolemia.
It is advised to complete the prescribed course of SIMVAS 5mg Tablet. However, in chronic conditions, such as atherosclerosis and heart diseases, the medicine may be prescribed for long-term use.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood cholesterol, blood triglyceride levels and liver function regularly while taking SIMVAS 5mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.