Rs.85.00 (31% Savings)
|Out of stock|
|Out of stock|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SILOTIME 4mg Capsule used for?
SILOTIME 4mg Capsule is used for the treatment of enlarged prostate. It is also used to relieve the symptoms of enlarged bladder and high blood pressure.
SILOTIME 4mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SILOTIME 4mg Capsule work?
SILOTIME 4mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called adrenergic antagonists. The drug acts by blocking certain adrenoceptors, which results in relaxation of the smooth muscles of the urinary bladder. This reduction of pressure on urinary bladder improves the symptoms of enlarged prostate.
How to take SILOTIME 4mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SILOTIME 4mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SILOTIME 4mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with SILOTIME 4mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule:
- Cold sweat
- Loss of appetite
- Nasal congestion
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black and tarry stools
- Blood vomiting
- Ejaculation disorders
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SILOTIME 4mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SILOTIME 4mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking SILOTIME 4mg Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule.
You are advised not to take SILOTIME 4mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SILOTIME 4mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney and liver disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about SILOTIME 4mg Capsule
- I am on SILOTIME 4mg Capsule for enlarged prostate. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should SILOTIME 4mg Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule?
- Does SILOTIME 4mg Capsule help treat urinary incontinence caused due to the enlarged prostate?
Do not stop using SILOTIME 4mg Capsule capsule even if you feel better, as the doctor may prescribe a lower dose of the drug to prevent relapse of the condition.
Store SILOTIME 4mg Capsule capsule at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze it.
Do not alter the dose of SILOTIME 4mg Capsule capsule without consulting the doctor. Altering the dose may increase the risk of side effects.
Urinary incontinence is a symptom of the enlarged prostate. SILOTIME 4mg Capsule helps in relieving the symptoms of urinary incontinence caused due to the enlarged prostate.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.