Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
SIBOFIX Suspension 60ml
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.98.50 (10% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SIBOFIX Suspension used for?
SIBOFIX Suspension is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Traveller’s diarrhoea
- Irritable bowel syndrome
SIBOFIX Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SIBOFIX Suspension work?
SIBOFIX Suspension belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial RNA synthesis and supports in restoring the intestinal microflora imbalance. It also acts by inhibiting certain enzymes responsible for the irritable bowel syndrome.
How to take SIBOFIX Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SIBOFIX Suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- SIBOFIX Suspension is available in suspension and tablet dosage forms. Shake the suspension well to ensure the proper mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the tablet with a glass full of water.
If you miss a dose of SIBOFIX Suspension, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SIBOFIX Suspension?
Drugs that interact with SIBOFIX Suspension include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SIBOFIX Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of SIBOFIX Suspension:
- Black/tarry stools
- Muscle spasm
- Increased breathing
- Trouble sleeping
- Chest pain
- Unusual bleeding
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin rash
- Blood in urine
- Increased heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in belly
- Swelling in arms/legs
- Extreme tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SIBOFIX Suspension?
- Avoid SIBOFIX Suspension if you experience bloody stools.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SIBOFIX Suspension or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using SIBOFIX Suspension medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid SIBOFIX Suspension if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take SIBOFIX Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SIBOFIX Suspension?
- Inform your doctor if you have rheumatoid arthritis.
- Inform your doctor if you are having a fever or bloody stools along with diarrhoea.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to SIBOFIX Suspension or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or blood disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SIBOFIX Suspension
- How should SIBOFIX Suspension be stored?
- Should I continue using SIBOFIX Suspension if diarrhoea worsens?
- What should be avoided while taking SIBOFIX Suspension?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SIBOFIX Suspension?
- Can I use SIBOFIX Suspension to treat common cold?
SIBOFIX Suspension is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
It is not advised to continue using SIBOFIX Suspension if the symptoms for diarrhoea persists or worsens for 24 – 48 hours after taking the medication. However, please consult your doctor if the symptoms persist or worsen.
Other antibiotic medications may increase diarrhoea. Therefore, using other antibiotics should be avoided while taking SIBOFIX Suspension.
No, altering the dose of SIBOFIX Suspension is not advised. SIBOFIX Suspension should be taken in the prescribed doses.
No, SIBOFIX Suspension is only used to treat bacterial infections. It is not prescribed to treat any viral infections, such as common cold or flu.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.