|Out of stock|
Rs.756.00 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET used for?
SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET is used for the treatment of low levels of sodium in the blood in patients with heart failure and hormone imbalances.
SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET work?
SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called vasopressin receptor antagonists. This drug acts by blocking the action of certain receptors in the renal collecting ducts and preventing reabsorption of water. This helps in lowering the urine osmolality and increasing the retention of sodium.
How to take SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET may include:
- Increased thirst
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET:
- Increased thirst
- Dry mouth
- Excessive urination
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black or tarry stools
- Coughing up blood
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face/throat
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Limit the use of alcoholic beverages while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication.
- Consult your doctor before taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Increase the amount of fluid intake while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication.
You are advised not to take SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, liver disease or kidney dysfunction.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication?
- Is it common to experience diarrhoea while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication?
- How should SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET be stored?
Avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication.
Yes. Diarrhoea is one of the most common side effects of SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication. Consult your doctor immediately if it lasts for more than 2 days.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly while taking SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET.
SHIOKEM 30MG TABLET medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.