Rs.180.00 (50% Savings)
Rs.230.00 (36% Savings)
Rs.250.00 (30% Savings)
Rs.257.00 (28% Savings)
Rs.266.67 (25% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET used for?
SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET tablet is used for lowering phosphate levels in patients with kidney disease.
SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET work?
SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called as the phosphate binders. This drug acts by binding to dietary phosphate in the gut, and thereby prevents absorption of phosphate and decreases the serum parathyroid hormone levels.
How to take SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET, please take it immediately. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Intestinal obstruction
- Stomach discomfort
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Avoid SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET.
Frequently Asked questions about SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET
- What are the contraindications of SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
- How should SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET?
Contraindications of SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET include bowel obstruction and hypersensitivity to the drug.
SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET must be stored at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to undergo frequent blood tests while taking SEVCEPT 800MG TABLET.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.