Rs.133.33 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S used for?
SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S tablet is used for lowering phosphate levels in patients with kidney disease.
SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S work?
SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S belongs to the class of drugs called as the phosphate binders. This drug acts by binding to dietary phosphate in the gut, and thereby prevents absorption of phosphate and decreases the serum parathyroid hormone levels.
How to take SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S, please take it immediately. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
Drugs that interact with SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
The following are the most common side effects of SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Intestinal obstruction
- Stomach discomfort
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S or similar drugs.
- Avoid SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S or similar drugs.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S.
Frequently Asked questions about SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S
- What are the contraindications of SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
- How should SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S?
Contraindications of SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S include bowel obstruction and hypersensitivity to the drug.
SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S must be stored at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to undergo frequent blood tests while taking SEVAPIK 400MG TABLET 10'S.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.