SERENATA 50mg Tablet 10's
Rs.18.00 (74% Savings)
Rs.37.00 (47% Savings)
Rs.37.50 (46% Savings)
Rs.46.90 (33% Savings)
Rs.52.12 (25% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SERENATA 50mg Tablet used for?
SERENATA 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
SERENATA 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SERENATA 50mg Tablet work?
SERENATA 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. This drug acts by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin at the presynaptic membrane. This increases the concentration of serotonin in the central nervous system, which aids in numerous functional changes.
How to take SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SERENATA 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SERENATA 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SERENATA 50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SERENATA 50mg Tablet:
- Decreased appetite
- Loose stool
- Abdominal pain
- Sour stomach
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased sweating
- Lack of energy
- Decreased sexual desire
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SERENATA 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on SERENATA 50mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SERENATA 50mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take SERENATA 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of the bleeding problem, thyroid diseases, and seizure disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about SERENATA 50mg Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
- Can I consume alcohol while taking SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SERENATA 50mg Tablet?
The overdose symptoms of SERENATA 50mg Tablet include severe dizziness and vomiting. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
SERENATA 50mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with maniac-depression, seizures, weight loss, closed-angle glaucoma and liver problems.
No, it is not advised to consume alcohol while taking SERENATA 50mg Tablet as it may increase the side effects of the drug.
Yes, it is advised to undergo liver function tests while taking SERENATA 50mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.