SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet 10's
By Sanofi India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet used for?
SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet is used to control the blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes. It also helps in reducing the complications associated with type 2 diabetes. SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet should be used in conjunction with proper diet and exercise regimen for effective glycemic control.
SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet work?
SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called oral anti-diabetics. The drug acts by stimulating the pancreatic cells to produce insulin. This endogenous insulin helps in lowering the blood glucose concentration.
How to take SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug before or after the first meal of the day. You must take the drug with an adequate amount of water.
If you miss a dose of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Swelling of limbs
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Allergic skin reactions
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet.
- Avoid SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of problems associated with kidneys, liver, adrenal glands or pituitary gland.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet
- How should SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I take other medications while on SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
- What are the other formulations available for SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet?
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet is contraindicated in case of type-1 diabetes mellitus, diabetic ketoacidosis, and severe renal or kidney impairment.
No. SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet medicine is prescribed based on the health status of an individual. So, it is not safe to alter the dose of SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet, unless suggested by the doctor.
SEMI DAONIL 2.5mg Tablet medicine is available only in the form of a tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.