SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet 10's
By Ucb Pharma Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.110.00 (72% Savings)
Rs.118.00 (70% Savings)
Rs.143.00 (63% Savings)
Rs.143.00 (63% Savings)
Rs.149.00 (62% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet used for?
SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet is used for the treatment of partial onset seizures and refractory seizure disorders.
SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet work?
SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. It acts by binding to a type of phosphoprotein, primarily present in the nervous system and slows down the abnormal nerve impulses in the brain. Thus, it exhibits anticonvulsant action.
How to use SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet include the following:
- Sodium oxybate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet:
- Stomach discomfort
- Weight gain
- Lack of coordination
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of irregular heart beat, heart problems, mental or mood problems, diabetes, nerve, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet to my 10-year-old child?
- How should SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
- How long can I take SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet?
No. SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet should not be used for children below 17 years of age, as the safety and effectiveness of the drug has not been yet established.
Store the drug at room temperature (25 – 30OC) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet medicine is available in tablet and injection dosage forms.
SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet tablet should be taken till the course is completed. Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine may lead to recurrence of the disease.
No. Do not alter the dose of SEIZGARD 150mg Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.