What is RUP AL 10mg Tablet used for?
RUP AL 10mg Tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny nose, sneezing, itching in the eyes and nose.
RUP AL 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RUP AL 10mg Tablet work?
RUP AL 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called antihistamines. This drug acts by inhibiting the release of histamine, which causes inflammation. Blocking of histamine release reduces the symptoms, such as nasal blockage, runny nose and itching.
How to take RUP AL 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RUP AL 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of RUP AL 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RUP AL 10mg Tablet?
Ketoconazole is the only drug that interacts with RUP AL 10mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RUP AL 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RUP AL 10mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RUP AL 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to RUP AL 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RUP AL 10mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid RUP AL 10mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking RUP AL 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take RUP AL 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RUP AL 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low blood potassium levels, heart disease, liver dysfunction or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have.
Frequently Asked questions about RUP AL 10mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use RUP AL 10mg Tablet in an elderly patient?
- Can RUP AL 10mg Tablet be used in the treatment of pruritus?
- Is it safe to use RUP AL 10mg Tablet in patients with galactose intolerance?
Maintain caution while using RUP AL 10mg Tablet in an elderly patient.
Yes, RUP AL 10mg Tablet can be used in the treatment of pruritus. However, RUP AL 10mg Tablet should only be taken when recommended by the doctor.
No. RUP AL 10mg Tablet contains lactose monohydrate. Therefore, it is unsafe to use RUP AL 10mg Tablet in galactose intolerance condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.