RULIZO 600mg Tablet 5's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is RULIZO 600mg Tablet used for?
RULIZO 600mg Tablet is used for the treatment of urinary tract infections, bronchitis and inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
RULIZO 600mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RULIZO 600mg Tablet work?
RULIZO 600mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called quinolone antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the DNA gyrase enzyme that prevents the growth and spread of bacteria.
How to take RULIZO 600mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RULIZO 600mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of RULIZO 600mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RULIZO 600mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RULIZO 600mg Tablet include the following:
- Magnesium and aluminium containing antacids
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RULIZO 600mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RULIZO 600mg Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Ocular hyperaemia
- Steven-Johnson’s syndrome
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RULIZO 600mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RULIZO 600mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on RULIZO 600mg Tablet.
- Avoid RULIZO 600mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with RULIZO 600mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take RULIZO 600mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RULIZO 600mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of electrolyte imbalance or cardiac disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the usage of RULIZO 600mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about RULIZO 600mg Tablet
- I am on RULIZO 600mg Tablet for urinary tract infections. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Does RULIZO 600mg Tablet cause photosensitivity reactions?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of RULIZO 600mg Tablet?
No, it is not advised to discontinue any medication without doctor’s consent. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
Yes, RULIZO 600mg Tablet may cause photosensitivity. Therefore, avoid exposure to sunlight and radiations immediately after taking the medicine.
No, altering the dose of RULIZO 600mg Tablet is not advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.