ROVAMYCIN FORTE Tablet 10's
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet used for?
ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as cryptosporidiosis, toxoplasmosis, folliculitis, impetigo and urethritis.
ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet work?
ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called macrolide antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the protein synthesis, which results in preventing the growth of the bacteria.
How to take ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Intestinal injury
- Irregular heartbeat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Damage to the peripheral nerves
- Prolonged QT interval
- Recurrent fainting
- Severe diarrhoea
- Skin rash
- Ventricular arrhythmias
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet.
- Avoid ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hepatic and renal disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet
- I am on ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet for urethral inflammation. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet?
- Can I take ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet to treat meningitis?
No, it is not advised to discontinue the medication without doctor’s consent.
Do not alter the dose of ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet tablet as it may increase the risk of side effects.
No, ROVAMYCIN Forte Tablet is not advised to treat meningitis. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.