ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet 15's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet used for?
ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet is used for the reduction of high blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack due to dyslipidaemia.
ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet work?
In ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet, Rosuvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called statins. This drug acts by blocking the action of HMG-CoA reductase enzyme, which results in inhibiting the synthesis of cholesterol in the liver. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Vitamin D3 belongs to the class of drugs called fat-soluble vitamins. This drug acts by converting itself into an active form. It also acts by competitively inhibiting the action of certain enzymes in the intestine and increases the level of vitamin D.
How to take ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet:
- Body pains
- Runny nose
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe muscle weakness
- Unusual tiredness
- Difficulty in swallowing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
- How long can I take ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet in diabetic patients?
Yes, lipid profile and blood electrolyte levels must be regularly monitored while taking ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet.
No, do not alter the dose of ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet, unless recommended by the doctor.
The duration of treatment with ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet depends upon the medical condition, response to the treatment and other medications. Please consult your doctor for further information.
Yes, it is advised to consume low-fat diet while on ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet.
No, ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet increases the blood sugar levels. Therefore, it is unsafe to take ROSUVAS D 5mg Tablet in diabetic patients. Please consult your doctor for further information.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.