ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet 10's
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Ropinirole Hydrochloride used for?
Ropinirole Hydrochloride is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
Ropinirole Hydrochloride may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Ropinirole Hydrochloride work?
Ropinirole Hydrochloride belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine agonists. This drug acts by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain that helps in relieving the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
How to take Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Ropinirole Hydrochloride as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Ropinirole Hydrochloride, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Ropinirole Hydrochloride may include:
- Excessive sweating
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
Drugs that interact with Ropinirole Hydrochloride include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
The following are the most common side effects of Ropinirole Hydrochloride:
- Abdominal pain
- Excess sleep
- Swelling of the limbs
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual lethargy
- Blurry vision
- Loss of memory
- Chest pain
- Worsening of Parkinson’s disease
- Difficulty in walking
- Frequent muscle spasms
- Decreased libido
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Ropinirole Hydrochloride or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Ropinirole Hydrochloride.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Ropinirole Hydrochloride causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take Ropinirole Hydrochloride if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of Ropinirole Hydrochloride.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Ropinirole Hydrochloride
- I am on Ropinirole Hydrochloride for restless leg syndrome. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- When should I take Ropinirole Hydrochloride medicine?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Ropinirole Hydrochloride?
It is not advised to stop Ropinirole Hydrochloride medication without doctor’s consent.
It is advised to take Ropinirole Hydrochloride tablet 3 hours before bedtime.
Yes, it is advised to regularly monitor blood pressure and heart rate while taking Ropinirole medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.