What is ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet used for?
ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet work?
ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine agonists. This drug acts by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain that helps in relieving the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and restless leg syndrome.
How to take ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet may include:
- Excessive sweating
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Excess sleep
- Swelling of the limbs
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual lethargy
- Blurry vision
- Loss of memory
- Chest pain
- Worsening of Parkinson’s disease
- Difficulty in walking
- Frequent muscle spasms
- Decreased libido
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet
- I am on ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet for restless leg syndrome. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- When should I take ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet medicine?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet?
It is not advised to stop ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet medication without doctor’s consent.
It is advised to take ROPARK XL 2mg Tablet tablet 3 hours before bedtime.
Yes, it is advised to regularly monitor blood pressure and heart rate while taking Ropinirole medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.