Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
ROMILAST Granules 0.5gm
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ROMILAST Granules used for?
ROMILAST Granules is used for the treatment of following breathing problems:
- Shortness of breath
ROMILAST Granules may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROMILAST Granules work?
ROMILAST Granules belongs to the class of drugs called leukotriene inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain chemical substances in the airway passages. Thus, it helps in preventing the smooth muscle contraction and enhancing the secretion of thick and viscous mucus.
How to use ROMILAST Granules?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ROMILAST Granules as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. ROMILAST Granules can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. However, the best results of medicine are achieved when taken along with the food.
- For a chewable tablet, the tablet has to be chewed properly before swallowing.
- In case of an oral liquid, shake the suspension well before taking the prescribed dosage. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- For granule dosage form, a prescribed amount of granules should be mixed with water and taken orally.
If you miss a dose of ROMILAST Granules, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ROMILAST Granules may include:
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with ROMILAST Granules?
Drugs that interact with ROMILAST Granules include the following:
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROMILAST Granules?
The following are the most common side effects of ROMILAST Granules:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Mood changes
- Trouble sleeping
- Numbness of arms/legs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ROMILAST Granules?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ROMILAST Granules or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ROMILAST Granules medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult your doctor before using ROMILAST Granules medication during pregnancy.
- Avoid taking ROMILAST Granules just before doing heavy physical exercises.
You are advised not to use ROMILAST Granules if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using ROMILAST Granules?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor before using ROMILAST Granules medication during breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ROMILAST Granules
- How can ROMILAST Granules be stored?
- Can I suggest ROMILAST Granules to others?
- What are the formulations of ROMILAST Granules available?
- Should I continue using ROMILAST Granules if my symptoms of asthma didn’t subside?
ROMILAST Granules should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
No. ROMILAST Granules should only be used when prescribed. Therefore, please don’t share or suggest ROMILAST Granules to anyone.
ROMILAST Granules is available as a chewable tablet, granule, syrup and tablet.
Please consult your doctor if the symptoms of asthma persist or worsen even after using ROMILAST Granules medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.