Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is ROFERON A 3MIU Injection used for?
ROFERON A 3MIU Injection is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Chronic hepatitis C
- Hairy cell leukaemia
- AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma
ROFERON A 3MIU Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROFERON A 3MIU Injection work?
ROFERON A 3MIU Injection belongs to the class of drugs called proteins. This drug acts by binding to type I interferon receptors and exhibits direct anti-proliferative action on the tumour cells. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the proliferation of cancer cells.
How to administer ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- ROFERON A 3MIU Injection injection should be administered as suggested by the doctor. Do not inject if you are unsure how to administer.
- Do not shake the vial before injecting. Do not reuse the needle or syringe.
If you miss a dose of ROFERON A 3MIU Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
Drugs that interact with ROFERON A 3MIU Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of ROFERON A 3MIU Injection :
- Stomach upset
- Back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Taste impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ROFERON A 3MIU Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ROFERON A 3MIU Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ROFERON A 3MIU Injection .
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid using the medicine if you have low blood cell counts.
- Increase water intake while receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection .
- Avoid getting pregnant while receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection and at least for 6 months after discontinuing the medication.
You are advised not to receive ROFERON A 3MIU Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low blood cell counts, depression, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, seizures, diabetes, bone marrow suppression, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ROFERON A 3MIU Injection or similar drugs.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of ROFERON A 3MIU Injection before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about ROFERON A 3MIU Injection
- How should ROFERON A 3MIU Injection be stored?
- Can I substitute ROFERON A 3MIU Injection with Interferon Alfa-2B?
- Is it normal to experience swelling at the injection site while receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection ?
ROFERON A 3MIU Injection should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature of 2 – 8OC. Do not freeze the medication.
No. Although they belong to the same category, both the interferons have completely different uses. Therefore, it is not advised to substitute the medicine.
Yes. However, please consult the doctor if this symptom persists or worsens.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for complete blood cell counts regularly while receiving ROFERON A 3MIU Injection .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.