Rs.40.00 (42% Savings)
Rs.49.50 (29% Savings)
Rs.50.60 (27% Savings)
Rs.68.20 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is RHINOMONT Syrup used for?
RHINOMONT Syrup is used for the treatment of chronic urticaria, rhinitis and obstructive airway diseases. It is also used to reduce asthma attacks and prevent breathing problems.
RHINOMONT Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RHINOMONT Syrup work?
In RHINOMONT Syrup, Levocetirizine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. This drug acts by inhibiting the activity at H1receptor sites. Thus, decreasing the flares associated with chronic urticaria.
Montelukast belongs to the class of drugs called oral leukotriene receptor antagonists. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of selective cysteinyl leukotrienes in the airway passages. Thus, it helps in preventing airway oedema and enhancing the secretion of viscous mucus.
How to take RHINOMONT Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RHINOMONT Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take RHINOMONT Syrup with or without food. For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking the each dose.
If you miss a dose of RHINOMONT Syrup, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of RHINOMONT Syrup combination may include:
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with RHINOMONT Syrup?
Drugs that interact with RHINOMONT Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RHINOMONT Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of RHINOMONT Syrup:
- Sore throat
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in urinating
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling on face
- Flu-like symptoms
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using RHINOMONT Syrup?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RHINOMONT Syrup or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of RHINOMONT Syrup.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RHINOMONT Syrup.
You are advised not to take RHINOMONT Syrupif
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using RHINOMONT Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RHINOMONT Syrup
- How should RHINOMONT Syrup be stored?
- Can I give RHINOMONT Syrup to my 8-year-old child?
- Can I share RHINOMONT Syrup with others?
- What are the other formulations of RHINOMONT Syrup available?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of RHINOMONT Syrup?
RHINOMONT Syrup should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC, away from light, heat and moisture.
Yes, use the drug in children only when prescribed. Be cautious while using RHINOMONT Syrup in children below 10 years of age as it can result in symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhoea, or constipation.
No. Do not share or suggest RHINOMONT Syrup medicine to others. It should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor.
RHINOMONT Syrup is available in tablet and syrup dosage forms.
No, altering the dose of RHINOMONT Syrup is not advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.