What is REVELOL H 25mg Tablet used for?
REVELOL H 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, angina and heart attack.
REVELOL H 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does REVELOL H 25mg Tablet work?
In REVELOL H 25mg Tablet, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. It works by decreasing the blood pressure by increasing the urine output.
Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta blockers. It works by blocking the action of adrenaline. Thus, it decreases the heart rate, blood pressure and also decreases the cardiac output.
How to take REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
The dosage of the drug depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take REVELOL H 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet may include:
- Increased thirst
- Muscle cramps
What are the drugs that interact with REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with REVELOL H 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heart beat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Bloody stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if REVELOL H 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid REVELOL H 25mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking REVELOL H 25mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take REVELOL H 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, renal and hepatic disorders, psoriasis or other chronic diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have undergone any major surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about REVELOL H 25mg Tablet
- How should REVELOL H 25mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use REVELOL H 25mg Tablet for my 10-year-old child?
- How long can I take REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet?
Store REVELOL H 25mg Tablet medicine in a cool and dry place.
Yes. It is recommended to monitor the blood pressure on a regular basis while on REVELOL H 25mg Tablet.
REVELOL H 25mg Tablet should not be given to the children unless prescribed by the physician.
REVELOL H 25mg Tablet should be taken for the prescribed duration.
No, altering the dose of REVELOL H 25mg Tablet is not advised.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.