What is REVAC B Adult Injection used for?
REVAC B Adult Injection is used for the prevention of of a disease of the liver caused by hepatitis B virus.
REVAC B Adult Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does REVAC B Adult Injection work?
REVAC B Adult Injection belongs to the class of immunising agents. It acts by stimulating the production of antibodies that inhibit the viral replication and prevent Hepatitis B infection.
How to use REVAC B Adult Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Hepatitis B vaccination is available as injection. Therefore, it should be administered only by a healthcare provider. REVAC B Adult Injection is given in a series of booster doses. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of REVAC B Adult Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with REVAC B Adult Injection ?
Drugs that interact with REVAC B Adult Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of REVAC B Adult Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of REVAC B Adult Injection :
- Head ache
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Vision changes
- Allergic skin reactions
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving REVAC B Adult Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to REVAC B Adult Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before taking REVAC B Adult Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding problems, or low platelet levels.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are on dialysis treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about REVAC B Adult Injection
- Is it safe to receive Hepatitis B vaccine if allergic to latex?
- Is it safe to administer REVAC B Adult Injection to my 5-year-old child?
- What is the dosing schedule for REVAC B Adult Injection booster doses?
- What are the other formulations of REVAC B Adult Injection ?
- Can I receive REVAC B Adult Injection while undergoing chemotherapy?
No, REVAC B Adult Injection should be avoided in patients who are allergic to latex.
Yes. REVAC B Adult Injection is advised to a 5-year-old child. However, you must consult the doctor on the usage of REVAC B Adult Injection .
The booster doses schedule depends on the administration of the first dose. Please consult your doctor for a complete dosing schedule.
Hepatitis B is available only in the form of an injection.
No. REVAC B Adult Injection is not advised if you are on chemotherapy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.