RETORLIX 10mg Tablet 10's
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.21.95 (50% Savings)
Rs.23.70 (46% Savings)
Rs.26.25 (41% Savings)
Rs.31.99 (28% Savings)
Rs.33.90 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is RETORLIX 10mg Tablet used for?
RETORLIX 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to relieve oedema caused due to heart failure, liver dysfunction or kidney disease.
RETORLIX 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RETORLIX 10mg Tablet work?
RETORLIX 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called diuretics. This drug acts by decreasing the reabsorption of sodium and chloride. This increases the excretion of sodium, chloride and potassium salts through urine. This diuretic action of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet reduces blood pressure and improves cardiac output.
How to use RETORLIX 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- RETORLIX 10mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet may include:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with RETORLIX 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RETORLIX 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Increased cough
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent urination
- Ringing in ears
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Increased heart rate
- Unexplained weight loss
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
What special precautions should be followed while using RETORLIX 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RETORLIX 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may worsen the side effects of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication.
- Get up slowly while rising from a sitting or lying position, as RETORLIX 10mg Tablet may cause dizziness or light-headedness.
- Do not exceed the dose of RETORLIX 10mg Tablet more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication.
You are advised not to use RETORLIX 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using RETORLIX 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of central nervous system disorder, diabetes or renal impairment.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RETORLIX 10mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication in case of liver dysfunction?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication?
- Is it safe to use RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication before undergoing a surgery?
Be cautious while receiving RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication if you have any history of liver disease, as it can increase the risk of electrolyte imbalance.
Increase the intake of potassium rich foods and include a low-salt diet while on RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication.
Consult your doctor before using RETORLIX 10mg Tablet medication prior to any scheduled surgery.