REPACE AF TABLET 10'S
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
|Available substitute||6 substitute/s available|
Rs.39.60 (63% Savings)
Rs.55.00 (49% Savings)
Rs.60.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.86.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.99.00 (9% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan used for?
Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan is used as a treatment in mild to moderate hypertension (high blood pressure) in patients who are taking calcium channel blockers and angiotensin II receptor blockers separately.
Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan work?
- Amlodipine Besylate belongs to a group of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine Besylate prevents the calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall thereby preventing tightening of blood vessel walls. This reduces the blood pressure and improves symptoms of chest pain.
- Losartan belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin II receptor blocker. Losartan reduces the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels, thus enabling smooth flow of blood
Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan together stops the tightening of the blood vessels wall, so that there is relaxation of blood vessels leading to reduction of blood pressure.
How to take Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan ?
- The dosage of oral tablets of Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan as prescribed by your doctor.
- You must swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the tablet.
- Take your daily dose at same time (preferably at breakfast).
- Do not take the tablet with grapefruit juice (it can lead to increase in amlodipine concentration which would increase the lowering of the blood pressure).
- Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan is not recommended for children and adolescent under 18 years of age.
- Do not discontinue the medication without consulting a doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have taken an overdose of Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan?
If you have taken an overdose of Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan, please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- Dizziness, light-headedness
- Fainting, weak
- Severe hypotension (severe reduction in blood pressure)
- Cold clammy skin, fainting, becoming unconscious (shock)
What are the drugs that interact with Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan?
Drugs that interact with Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan:
- Atropine, Biperiden
- Baclofen, Tubocurarine
- Calcium supplements
- Cyclosporin, Tacrolimus
- Diltiazem, Verapamil
- Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Rifampicin
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- NSAIDs (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Other medicines for treatment of high blood pressure
- Potassium supplements and salt substitutes containing potassium
- St John's wort
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan?
Most common side effects of Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan are:
- Abdominal pain, nausea
- Ankle swelling
- Tiredness, muscle weakness
- Skin rashes
Please contact your physician immediately if you have
- angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, tongue mouth, larynx (voice box), itching and rash);
- severe light-headedness or fainting;
- sudden wheezing, shortness of breath, chest pain;
- severe skin allergies such as blisters on skin, mouth, lips, eyes and genitals (Steven Johnsons syndrome);
- heart attack and abnormal heart beats;
- severe abdominal and back pain (inflammation of pancreas).
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan?
Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan.
You are advised not to take Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
- you have recurrent episodes of vomiting or diarrhoea.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you have a history of angioedema (swelling of face, lips, tongue, mouth).
- you have kidney disease or had a kidney transplant recently.
- you have impaired liver functions.
- you have coronary artery disease.
- you have diabetes.
- you have had a recent history of heart attack.
- you are taking diuretics.
- you are taking any medicine containing Aliskiren.
- you previously had severe increase in blood pressure and happens recurrently.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan
Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan does not require any special storage conditions. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan may cause dizziness, nausea, headache and tiredness in some people. Avoid driving if you are taking Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan.
Do not have grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan. Apart from this, you can have a normal diet.
No, Amlodipine Besylate + Losartan is not addictive. But do not take it without consulting your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.