What is RENVELA 800mg Tablet used for?
RENVELA 800mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood phosphorous levels in patients undergoing dialysis. It also helps to prevent hypocalcaemia (decreased calcium levels).
RENVELA 800mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RENVELA 800mg Tablet work?
RENVELA 800mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs sequestering agents. This drug acts by lowering the serum phosphate levels in the blood without altering the concentrations of calcium and other minerals in the blood.
How to take RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RENVELA 800mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of RENVELA 800mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RENVELA 800mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RENVELA 800mg Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Difficulty in breathing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black tarry stools
- Severe abdominal cramping
- Severe diarrhoea
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RENVELA 800mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with RENVELA 800mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking RENVELA 800mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of RENVELA 800mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take RENVELA 800mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of allergic reactions, hepatic and renal disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from faecal impaction.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RENVELA 800mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of RENVELA 800mg Tablet?
- How should RENVELA 800mg Tablet be stored?
Yes, it is advised to monitor serum phosphate, calcium, bicarbonate and chloride levels while taking RENVELA 800mg Tablet.
Do not alter the dose of RENVELA 800mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor. A sudden change in the dose may increase the risk of side effects.
Store RENVELA 800mg Tablet tablet at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Do not freeze or refrigerate the medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.