What is RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet used for?
RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet is used to lower the body’s natural immune function in patients who are receiving a kidney transplant.
RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet work?
RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called immunosuppressants. It works by suppressing the activity of immune system. This prevents the occurrence of rejection of a transplanted organ. It also works by decreasing the production of antibodies.
How to take RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after food.
If you miss a dose of RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet are:
- Polio virus vaccine
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Smallpox vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble sleeping
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue while taking the medicine.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart problems such as hypertension, heart attack and heart failure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet
- Is it common to have a severe headache while taking RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
- Does RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet cause skin cancer?
- Does RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet require any dietary precautions to be followed?
- Will I develop any infection while on RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet medication?
Yes, headache is one of the side effects of RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet. However, in case of a severe headache, please seek medical attention immediately.
Yes, RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet may increase the risk of developing certain types of skin cancers. Therefore, it is advised to wear protective clothing or use sunscreen when you step out in the sun.
Follow a diet rich in fibre as RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet causes constipation.
RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet reduces the number of white blood cells in the blood, which increases the susceptibility to an infection. Therefore, inform your doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms associated with infection.
Yes, it is advised to periodically monitor the complete blood cell count while on RENODAPT S 180mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.