Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
REDEFINE Tablet 10's
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is REDEFINE Tablet used for?
REDEFINE Tablet tablet/syrup is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia.
REDEFINE Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does REDEFINE Tablet work?
In REDEFINE Tablet, Cyanocobalamin is a nutritional supplement. The drug acts by enabling the formation of haemoglobin, thereby producing enough haemoglobin to generate functional red blood cells. Thus, it helps to overcome the problems related to anaemia.
Folic acid is a nutritional supplement. The drug acts by binding to certain enzymes, thereby regulating the process of formation of red blood cells. Thus, it improves the blood cell levels in the body and reduces the symptoms of anaemia.
Sodium Feredetate is a unionised form of iron supplement. It acts by releasing iron in the gastrointestinal tract, thereby releasing iron to produce healthy RBCs. Thus, it increases the production of haemoglobin and helps to treat iron deficiency anaemia.
How to take REDEFINE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take REDEFINE Tablet tablet/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of REDEFINE Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with REDEFINE Tablet?
Drugs that interact with REDEFINE Tablet include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of REDEFINE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of REDEFINE Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking REDEFINE Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to REDEFINE Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking REDEFINE Tablet while suffering from peptic ulcers.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on REDEFINE Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take REDEFINE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking REDEFINE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of thalassaemia.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Inform your doctor if you are undergoing dialysis treatment for kidney disease.
Frequently Asked Questions about REDEFINE Tablet
- Is it safe to take REDEFINE Tablet drug if I have sickle cell anaemia?
- How should REDEFINE Tablet be stored?
- Can I take REDEFINE Tablet while suffering from ulcerative colitis?
- Is it safe to take REDEFINE Tablet if I a history of repeated blood transfusions?
Be cautious while taking REDEFINE Tablet if you have sickle cell anaemia.
REDEFINE Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30oC) temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
It is not advisable to take REDEFINE Tablet medicine while suffering from inflammatory bowel disease.
It is not advisable to take REDEFINE Tablet if you had too many blood transfusions. However, please notify the doctor about your medical history.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.