What is RECOFAST Tablet used for?
RECOFAST Tablet is used for the treatment of common cold, bronchitis, allergies, sinusitis and rhinitis.
RECOFAST Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RECOFAST Tablet work?
In RECOFAST Tablet, Pseudoephedrine belongs to the class of drugs called sympathomimetic agents. This drug works by contracting and narrowing the blood vessels in the linings of the nasal passages and sinuses. This decreases the blood flow into the nasal linings and reduces the production of mucus. Thus, it relieves the blocked nose and congestion.
Triprolidine belongs to the class of drug called anti-histamines. It acts by blocking the histamine receptors, which reduces the production of mucus. Thus, it relieves allergic symptoms, such as a runny nose.
How to use RECOFAST Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use RECOFAST Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the syrup well before using each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the medicine. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
If you miss a dose of RECOFAST Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of RECOFAST Tablet may include:
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Dry skin
What are the drugs that interact with RECOFAST Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RECOFAST Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RECOFAST Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RECOFAST Tablet:
- Dryness of eyes, mouth and throat
- Skin rashes
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Changes in sleep pattern
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Irregular heartbeat
- Urinary retention
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using RECOFAST Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RECOFAST Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the symptoms of RECOFAST Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RECOFAST Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use RECOFAST Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using RECOFAST Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pulmonary diseases or liver disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of RECOFAST Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about RECOFAST Tablet
- How should RECOFAST Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using RECOFAST Tablet?
- I am on RECOFAST Tablet for rhinitis. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
Store RECOFAST Tablet medicine in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze it or expose the medicine to light or radiation.
Avoid taking grapefruit and grapefruit or tomato juice while using RECOFAST Tablet medicine as it may increase the risk of side effects.
No, it is not advised to stop the use of RECOFAST Tablet. Discontinuing the medication may cause a relapse of the condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.