RECLIMET XR TABLET 14'S
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||3 substitute/s available|
Rs.86.50 (54% Savings)
Rs.113.50 (39% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Gliclazide + Metformin combination used for?
Gliclazide + Metformin combination is an anti-diabetic medicine, which is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. This combination is used in conjunction with proper diet and exercise regimen.
Gliclazide + Metformin combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Gliclazide + Metformin combination work?
In Gliclazide + Metformin combination, Gliclazide belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It acts by stimulating the pancreatic cells to release insulin. The endogenously produced insulin helps in lowering the glucose concentration in the blood.
Metformin helps in decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine. It also decreases glucose production in the liver. Thus, it normalises the blood sugar level.
How to take Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Gliclazide + Metformin combination as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Gliclazide + Metformin combination, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Gliclazide + Metformin combination may include:
- Cold sweats
- Extreme weakness
What are the drugs that interact with Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
Drugs that interact with Gliclazide + Metformin combination include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
The following are the most common side effects of Gliclazide + Metformin combination:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic skin reactions
- Blurred vision
- Dark-coloured urine
- Increased hunger
- Loss of consciousness
- Profuse sweating
- Sore throat
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Gliclazide + Metformin or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Gliclazide + Metformin combination.
- Avoid Gliclazide + Metformin combination during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Gliclazide + Metformin.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking Gliclazide + Metformin combination if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take Gliclazide + Metformin combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney disease, liver impairment, thyroid problem or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Gliclazide + Metformin combination:
- I am on Gliclazide + Metformin combination for type 2 diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should Gliclazide + Metformin combination be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Gliclazide + Metformin combination?
You must continue using Gliclazide + Metformin combination until your doctor advises you to stop using it. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to changes in the blood sugar levels.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
Gliclazide + Metformin combination is available only as tablets.
You must monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis while taking Gliclazide + Metformin combination.
No. Altering the dose of Gliclazide + Metformin combination may lead to reduced blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia).
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.