Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
RATIL CV 250mg Tablet 10's
Rs.159.72 (43% Savings)
Rs.195.00 (31% Savings)
Rs.278.50 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is RATIL CV 250mg Tablet used for?
RATIL CV 250mg Tablet syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
RATIL CV 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RATIL CV 250mg Tablet work?
In RATIL CV 250mg Tablet, Cefuroxime belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporins. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby causing bacterial cell death. Thus, it reduces bacterial infections.
Clavulanate (Clavulanic Acid) belongs to the class of drugs called beta-lactamase inhibitors. The drug acts by preventing the bacterial resistance, thereby increasing the antibacterial activity and reducing the infection.
How to take RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RATIL CV 250mg Tablet syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of RATIL CV 250mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RATIL CV 250mg Tablet include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
- Mycophenolic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RATIL CV 250mg Tablet:
- Gastric discomfort
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Chest tightness
- Fast heartbeat
- Lower back or side pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to RATIL CV 250mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of RATIL CV 250mg Tablet.
- Avoid RATIL CV 250mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take RATIL CV 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about RATIL CV 250mg Tablet
- Is it common to experience seizures while taking RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of RATIL CV 250mg Tablet?
- How should RATIL CV 250mg Tablet be stored?
No. Seizure is a serious side effect of RATIL CV 250mg Tablet. Consult the doctor immediately if you experience seizures.
RATIL CV 250mg Tablet is contraindicated incase of malnourishment and colitis.
RATIL CV 250mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from light, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.