What is RACECORIL Syrup used for?
RACECORIL Syrup expectorant/syrup is used for the treatment of the following:
- Asthmatic bronchitis
- Symptoms of acute and chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Bronchospastic disorders
RACECORIL Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RACECORIL Syrup work?
In RACECORIL Syrup, Bromhexine belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytics. The drug acts by reducing the mucous viscosity, thereby enhancing the transport of mucous. Thus, it activates the ciliated epithelium by intensifying the hydrolysis of acid mucopolysaccharide polymers and decreasing the mucous viscosity.
Guaiphenesin belongs to the class of drugs called expectorants. The drug acts by reducing the respiratory tract secretions, thereby decreasing the adhesiveness and viscosity of the secretions. Thus, it enhances the efficiency of breathing by clearing the obstructions in the airways.
Menthol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics. It works by stimulating certain receptors, which are responsible for providing numbness and cooling effect. Thus, it helps in reducing pain.
Terbutaline belongs to the class of drugs called beta-adrenergic agonist bronchodilators. The drug acts by increasing the cyclic- 3',5'- adenosine monophosphate (c-AMP) levels that are essential for relaxation of the bronchial smooth muscle. Thus, it helps in dilating the air passages.
How to take RACECORIL Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RACECORIL Syrup expectorant/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- In case of expectorant/syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of RACECORIL Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RACECORIL Syrup?
Drugs that interact with RACECORIL Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RACECORIL Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of RACECORIL Syrup:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Breathing problems
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RACECORIL Syrup?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RACECORIL Syrup or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RACECORIL Syrup.
- Consult your doctor before taking RACECORIL Syrup during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of RACECORIL Syrup.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RACECORIL Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take RACECORIL Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RACECORIL Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have a sore throat along with symptoms, such as headache, fever or skin rash.
Frequently Asked Questions about RACECORIL Syrup
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking RACECORIL Syrup?
- How should RACECORIL Syrup be stored?
- Is RACECORIL Syrup safe to use in children?
- Can I take RACECORIL Syrup if I have peptic ulcers?
- Do I need to follow any special precautions while taking RACECORIL Syrup medicine?
It is advisable to monitor your blood pressure and heart rate while on RACECORIL Syrup.
RACECORIL Syrup should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
It is advisable to avoid taking RACECORIL Syrup in children without consulting a doctor.
It is advisable to be cautious while taking RACECORIL Syrup if you are suffering from stomach ulcers.
Intake of extra fluids while taking RACECORIL Syrup helps to loosen the congestion. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.