What is RABLET IT Capsule used for?
RABLET IT Capsule is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Erosive oesophagitis
- Ulcers due toPylori
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Chronic Gastritis
RABLET IT Capsule may also prescribe for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RABLET IT Capsule work?
In RABLET IT Capsule, Itopride belongs to the class of drugs called gastro-intestinal tract regulators. Itopride acts by increasing the concentration of acetylcholine, which in turn promotes gastric motility and improves gastro-duodenal coordination.
Rabeprazole belongs to the class of drugs called as proton-pump inhibitor. This drug acts by inhibiting gastric acid secretion by binding to certain sites on the secretary surface of gastric parietal cells.
How to take RABLET IT Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RABLET IT Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole capsule. Do not open, crush, chew or suck the capsule. Take the drug 30 minutes before or two hours after having a meal.
If you miss a dose of RABLET IT Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed.
What are the drugs that interact with RABLET IT Capsule?
Drugs that interact with RABLET IT Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RABLET IT Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of RABLET IT Capsule:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Epidermal necrolysis
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions RABLET IT Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RABLET IT Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid using RABLET IT Capsule if using any drugs containing antacids.
- Seek a doctor’s advice before using any antibiotics along with RABLET IT Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking RABLET IT Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take RABLET IT Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RABLET IT Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney, liver or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about RABLET IT Capsule
- Is it safe to use RABLET IT Capsule in elderly patients?
- Is it safe use RABLET IT Capsule during lactation?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking RABLET IT Capsule?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking RABLET IT Capsule?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of RABLET IT Capsule?
RABLET IT Capsule can be used with caution in elderly patients when advised by the doctor.
RABLET IT Capsule might affect the health of a nursing infant. Therefore, it is unsafe to use this drug during lactation.
Bone mineral tests and Blood electrolyte levels must be regularly monitored while using RABLET IT Capsule.
You must follow a diet rich in magnesium supplements, such as green leafy vegetables, dried fruits and fish while using RABLET IT Capsule.
No. Do not change the dose of RABLET IT Capsule unless suggested by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.