Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is QUITSURE 2mg Tablet used for?
QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum/tablet/lozenges/patch is used to help smoking cessation.
QUITSURE 2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does QUITSURE 2mg Tablet work?
QUITSURE 2mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called smoking cessation agents. The drug acts by releasing certain neurotransmitters that mediate pleasure, elevated mood, appetite, and other desirable psychological feelings. Therefore, it helps to quit smoking.
How to use QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum/tablet/lozenges/patch as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Place the lozenge in the mouth and allow it to dissolve slowly. Do not chew or swallow the
- Place the chewing gum in the mouth and chew it until your mouths starts to tingle. Place the chewing gum in between gum and cheeks until the tingly feeling is resolved. Repeat the same for about 30 minutes.
- Apply the patch on dry, clean and relatively hairless body area between the neck and the waist. Retain the patch throughout the dosage period. Switch the patch location daily to reduce the chances of skin irritation.
If you miss a dose of QUITSURE 2mg Tablet, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of QUITSURE 2mg Tablet include:
- Fast heart rate
- Severe dizziness
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with QUITSURE 2mg Tablet include the following:
- Methysergide Maleate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of QUITSURE 2mg Tablet:
- Changes in taste
- Dry mouth
- Mild dizziness
- Mouth or throat soreness
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blisters inside your mouth
- Breathing difficulty
- Chest tightness
- Fast or pounding heartbeats
- Fluttering in the chest
- Problems with the teeth or jaw
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to QUITSURE 2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid coffee and other acidic drinks for 15 minutes prior to using the QUITSURE 2mg Tablet lozenge/chewing gum.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not use QUITSURE 2mg Tablet gum/lozenge for more than 12 weeks without the advice of your physician.
- Do not use QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum/tablet/lozenges/patch during pregnancy without the advice of your physician.
You are advised not to use QUITSURE 2mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypertension, diabetes, heart disease or stomach ulcer.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about QUITSURE 2mg Tablet
- How should QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of QUITSURE 2mg Tablet?
- How do I dispose QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum/lozenges?
QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30°c) away from light, moisture and heat.
Yes. It is advised for you to monitor your blood sugar levels, cardiac status and vital signs while using QUITSURE 2mg Tablet.
QUITSURE 2mg Tablet is contraindicated in people with recent cerebrovascular accident. It is also contraindicated in people who smoke or chew other QUITSURE 2mg Tablet containing preparations.
It is advised to wrap the used QUITSURE 2mg Tablet chewing gum/lozenge on a paper before discarding.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.