Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is QUININGA 100mg Tablet used for?
QUININGA 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of malaria. It is also recommended for the treatment of night cramps in adults.
QUININGA 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does QUININGA 100mg Tablet work?
QUININGA 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-protozoal agents. This drug acts by interfering with the ability of the parasite to breakdown and digest haemoglobin. Partially degraded haemoglobin can be toxic to the parasite. Thus, it results in the death of the parasite.
How to take QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take QUININGA 100mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of QUININGA 100mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of QUININGA 100mg Tablet may include:
- Shallow breathing
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with QUININGA 100mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of QUININGA 100mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swelling of face, lips or throat
- Impaired hearing
- Loss of consciousness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to QUININGA 100mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking QUININGA 100mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on QUININGA 100mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if QUININGA 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid QUININGA 100mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take QUININGA 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about QUININGA 100mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
- Is it common to experience tinnitus while taking QUININGA 100mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take QUININGA 100mg Tablet in patients with glaucoma?
QUININGA 100mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with abnormal heart rhythm, atrial fibrillation, conduction defects and heart blocks.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood electrolyte levels, ECG (Electrocardiogram), kidney function test and liver function test while taking QUININGA 100mg Tablet.
No. Tinnitus is an overdose symptom of QUININGA 100mg Tablet. Consult a doctor immediately if you experience this symptom.
No. QUININGA 100mg Tablet causes blurred vision and visual disturbances. Therefore, it is unsafe to take QUININGA 100mg Tablet in patients with glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.