|Available substitute||13 substitute/s available|
Rs.105.00 (63% Savings)
Rs.118.00 (59% Savings)
Rs.160.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.161.61 (43% Savings)
Rs.181.50 (37% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Tadalafil used for?
Tadalafil is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and enlarged prostate gland.
Tadalafil may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Tadalafil work?
Tadalafil belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. This drug acts by relaxing the smooth muscles of corpus cavernosum. The relaxed muscles have increased inflow of blood, which results in hardening the penis.
How to take Tadalafil?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Tadalafil as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, using the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Tadalafil, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Tadalafil?
Drugs that interact with Tadalafil include the following:
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide mononitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Tadalafil?
The following are the most common side effects of Tadalafil:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Blurry vision
- Skin paleness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Painful urination
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
- Inflammation of the eyes
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Burning sensation in the chest and abdomen
- Lower back pain
- Migraine headache
- Skin ulcers
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Tadalafil?
- Do not take Tadalafil medicine if you are suffering from blood disorders such as sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia and multiple myeloma.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Tadalafil or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using Tadalafil if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on Tadalafil.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Seek immediate medical care if the erection lasts for more than four hours.
You are advised not to use Tadalafil if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Tadalafil?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease and coronary heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have recovered from a recent heart attack, stroke or congestive heart failure.
Frequently asked questions about Tadalafil
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using Tadalafil?
- What should I do if I do not experience erection even after using Tadalafil medicine?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Tadalafil?
Yes, it is advised not to consume grapefruit, grapefruit juice and alcohol while taking Tadalafil tablet. Avoid eating foods such as fries or cheeseburger as it may delay the drug action in the body.2.How much time does Tadalafil take to show its effect?
It usually takes 30 – 60 minutes after the drug administration. However, the onset of action may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Inform the doctor if you do not experience erection even after using Tadalafil medicine. The doctor may suggest a change in medication or alter the dose of Tadalafil.
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of Tadalafil medicine without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the medicine may lead to increased side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.