Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PULMOFIB 200MG?
- PULMOFIB 200MG contains Pirfenidone
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What PULMOFIB 200MG is used for?
- It is used for the treatment of mild to moderate Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) in adults
- IPF is a condition in which the tissues in your lungs become swollen and scarred over time, and as a result makes it difficult to breathe deeply. This makes it hard for your lungs to work properly
- It helps to reduce scarring and swelling in the lungs, and helps you breathe better
Talk to your doctor before taking PULMOFIB 200MG, if you,
- are allergic to pirfenidone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- have severe or end stage liver disease
- have severe or end stage kidney disease requiring dialysis
PULMOFIB 200MG with food and drink
- Do not drink grapefruit juice whilst taking this medicine. Grapefruit may prevent PULMOFIB 200MG from working properly
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed speak to your doctor before taking PULMOFIB 200MG
Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Medicines that may increase side effects of PULMOFIB 200MG:
- enoxacin, ciprofloxacin, rifampicin (a type of antibiotic)
- amiodarone, propafenone (used to treat some types of heart disease)
- fluvoxamine (used to treat depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD))
- omeprazole (used in the treatment of conditions such as indigestion, gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- Swallow this medicine whole with a drink of water
If you take more PULMOFIB 200MG
- Contact your doctor or nearest hospital casualty department immediately if you have taken more than you should and take your medicine with you
If you forget to take PULMOFIB 200MG
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
If you stop taking PULMOFIB 200MG
- you should not stop taking PULMOFIB 200MG without your doctor advice
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- swelling of the face, lips and/or tongue
- yellowing of the eyes or skin, or dark urine, potentially accompanied by itching of the skin, which are signs of abnormal liver function tests
- infections of the throat or the airways going into the lungs and/or sinusitis or bladder
- difficulty sleeping
- dizziness, shortness of breath
- stomach problems such as acid reflux, vomiting, feeling bloated, abdominal pain and discomfort, heart burn, feeling constipated and passing wind
- blood tests may show increased levels of liver enzymes
- skin problems such as itchy skin, skin redness or red skin, dry skin, skin rash
- muscle pain, aching joints/joint pains
- feeling weak or feeling low in energy
- difficulty in breathing or wheezing, which are signs of angioedema, a serious allergic reaction
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.