PRUGO 25mg Tablet 15's
What is PRUGO 25mg Tablet used for?
PRUGO 25mg Tablet tablet/syrup/drops/solution is used for the treatment of pruritus and anxiety. It is also used as a sedative adjunct during pre- and post-operative procedure.
PRUGO 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRUGO 25mg Tablet work?
PRUGO 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors and blocking them. Thus, it helps in suppressing the formation of flare, oedema and pruritus.
How to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRUGO 25mg Tablet tablet/syrup/drops/solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- In case of oral drops, use the dropper provided in the carton and release the medicine into the mouth. Follow the instructions as given in the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of PRUGO 25mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PRUGO 25mg Tablet include the following:
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Severe drowsiness
- Mood changes
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with PRUGO 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PRUGO 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRUGO 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PRUGO 25mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Respiratory depression
- Involuntary movements
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to PRUGO 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRUGO 25mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PRUGO 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet medication in children without consulting a doctor.
- Avoid taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet medicine if you are suffering from long QT syndrome.
You are advised not to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of seizures, kidney or liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you recently had a heart attack.
Frequently Asked Questions about PRUGO 25mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet if I have an overactive thyroid?
- Is it safe to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Will it be safe to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet medication while undergoing dialysis treatment?
- How long can I take PRUGO 25mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet if I have glaucoma?
Please consult your doctor before taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet medication if you are suffering from an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
It is not advisable to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy. It is highly unsafe to take this medicine, especially during the 1stor 2ndtrimester, as it may harm the unborn baby or increase the risk of birth defects.
Please consult your doctor before taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet medication if you are suffering from urination problems or undergoing treatment for dialysis.
PRUGO 25mg Tablet should be taken for a prescribed duration of time. However, it is not advisable to take PRUGO 25mg Tablet for more than 4 months of duration.
Consult your doctor before taking PRUGO 25mg Tablet medication if you have any eye problems, such as glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.