Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is PROTECTO DERM Ointment used for?
PROTECTO DERM Ointment is a steroid hormone, which is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Blood disorders
- Breathing disorders
- Eye disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Immunity disorders
PROTECTO DERM Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PROTECTO DERM Ointment work?
PROTECTO DERM Ointment belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroid hormones. The drug acts by binding to the glucocorticoid receptors and inhibiting the action of prostaglandins, leukotrienes and cyclooxygenase (COX-I & II) enzymes. Thus, it helps in controlling pain and inflammation in the body.
How to use PROTECTO DERM Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PROTECTO DERM Ointment as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- For topical application, apply a thin layer over the affected area. Do not use PROTECTO DERM Ointment topical over cuts or bruises.
- PROTECTO DERM Ointment is also available as an injection. It should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of PROTECTO DERM Ointment, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PROTECTO DERM Ointment?
Drugs that interact with PROTECTO DERM Ointment tablet/injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PROTECTO DERM Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of PROTECTO DERM Ointment tablet/injection:
- Abdominal discomfort
The following are the most common side effects of PROTECTO DERM Ointment cream/ointment:
- Skin redness, burning, itching, or peeling
- Stretch marks
- Thinning of your skin
- Blistering skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PROTECTO DERM Ointment?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PROTECTO DERM Ointment or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PROTECTO DERM Ointment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using PROTECTO DERM Ointment if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before using any other drug along with PROTECTO DERM Ointment.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PROTECTO DERM Ointment?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney impairment, diabetes, hypertension or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have undergone cataract or glaucoma surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorders before using PROTECTO DERM Ointment medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions about PROTECTO DERM Ointment
- Is it safe to use PROTECTO DERM Ointment medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- How long can I use PROTECTO DERM Ointment medicine?
- What precautions should I use while applying PROTECTO DERM Ointment cream/ointment?
- Does PROTECTO DERM Ointment medicine increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, the safe and effective use of PROTECTO DERM Ointment during pregnancy and breastfeeding has been established. However, please consult your doctor to know more about the safe dose and drug concentration during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use PROTECTO DERM Ointment medicine for a prescribed duration. Do not over use the medicine as it increases the risk of side effects.
Before applying PROTECTO DERM Ointment cream/ointment, make sure the skin is clean and dry. This helps in preventing skin infections.
PROTECTO DERM Ointment alone does not increase the risk of bleeding. When PROTECTO DERM Ointment is concomitantly administered with Aspirin or other blood thinning drugs, it may cause bleeding.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.