What is PROSTAQUIL Capsule used for?
PROSTAQUIL Capsule is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), bladder disorders, malaria, urinary problems and stomach pain.
PROSTAQUIL Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PROSTAQUIL Capsule work?
PROSTAQUIL Capsule works by reducing the secretion of testosterone and prolactin in the body. This causes a decrease in excitation of the urinary muscles and proliferation of fibroblasts and myofibroblasts. It reduces the secretion of certain hormones, which are responsible for prostate enlargement. Thus, PROSTAQUIL Capsule relieves urinary problems associated with enlarged prostate.
How to take PROSTAQUIL Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PROSTAQUIL Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not chew or open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PROSTAQUIL Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PROSTAQUIL Capsule?
Drugs that interact with PROSTAQUIL Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PROSTAQUIL Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of PROSTAQUIL Capsule:
- Mouth ulcers
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PROSTAQUIL Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PROSTAQUIL Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PROSTAQUIL Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking PROSTAQUIL Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take PROSTAQUIL Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PROSTAQUIL Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of urinary tract infection or urinary incontinence.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of PROSTAQUIL Capsule.
Frequently Asked questions about PROSTAQUIL Capsule
- I am on PROSTAQUIL Capsule for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Does PROSTAQUIL Capsule help treat my urinary incontinence caused due to the enlarged bladder?
Yes, urinary incontinence is a symptom of the enlarged bladder. PROSTAQUIL Capsule relieves urinary incontinence caused due to the enlarged bladder.
Do not discontinue use of PROSTAQUIL Capsule even if you feel better. Consult your doctor if you have to discontinue the drug.2.Is it safe to alter the dose of PROSTAQUIL Capsule?
Do not alter the dose of PROSTAQUIL Capsule capsule without consulting the doctor as it may increase the risk of possible side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.