PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet used for?
PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet is used to reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack. It is also used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Heart failure
- Chest pain
PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet work?
In PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet, Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensives. This drug helps in relaxing the blood vessels and slows down the heart rate. Thus, it improves the blood flow to the organs in the body.
Ramipril belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It also helps in relaxing the blood vessels and reduces stress on the heart. Thus, it decreases the blood pressure and efficient functioning of the heart.
How to take PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet:
- Back pain
- Gas or bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Renal impairment
- Increased potassium levels in blood
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet
- Avoid PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases, bleeding problems etc.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet?
- Does PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet cause weight gain?
- Can I discontinue taking PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet when I feel better?
Follow a fibre-rich diet as PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet may cause constipation.
Unusual weight gain is one of the side effects of PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet. Inform your doctor immediately if you develop this symptom.
Do not stop taking PROLOMET R 50mg Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.