PROGABA AM Tablet 10's
By ICON LIFE SCIENCES Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PROGABA AM Tablet used for?
PROGABA AM Tablet is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain and seizures. It is also used to relieve neuropathic pain, which is associated with peripheral neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia and diabetic neuropathy.
PROGABA AM Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PROGABA AM Tablet work?
In PROGABA AM Tablet, Gabapentin belongs to the class of anti-epileptics. The drug acts by stabilising the electrical activity by modulating the activity of calcium channels in the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving the neuropathic pain.
Mecobalamin, Pyridoxine and Thiamine are the vitamins, which play a major role in neurological functioning. This combination also provides essential vitamins for the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
How to take PROGABA AM Tablet drug?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PROGABA AM Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Gabapentin + Mecobalamin +Pyridoxine + Thiamine, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PROGABA AM Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PROGABA AM Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PROGABA AM Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of Gabapentin+ Mecobalamin + Pyridoxine + Thiamine combination:
- Stomach upset
- Tingling sensation
- Difficulty in swallowing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic reactions such as rash
- Increased sweating
- Decreased blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking of PROGABA AM Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to of PROGABA AM Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the PROGABA AM Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PROGABA AM Tablet
- Be cautious while taking PROGABA AM Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat while on PROGABA AM Tablet.
You are advised not to take Gabapentin + Mecobalamin +Pyridoxine +Thiamine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PROGABA AM Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases such as hypertension, myocardial infarction, and heart failure.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you a history of eye problem or underwent any eye surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about PROGABA AM Tablet
- How should PROGABA AM Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PROGABA AM Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of PROGABA AM Tablet available?
- How long can I take PROGABA AM Tablet?
- I am on PROGABA AM Tablet for epilepsy. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
Store the drug in a cool and dry place, away from the direct sunlight.
PROGABA AM Tablet is may cause changes in the blood pressure. Therefore, regular monitoring of blood pressure is necessary.
PROGABA AM Tablet is available in tablet formulation.
Usually, this combination is prescribed for long-term use. However, the drug should be used for the prescribed duration.
No. Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.