What is PRIMACOR Injection used for?
PRIMACOR Injection is used for the treatment of heart failure.
PRIMACOR Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRIMACOR Injection work?
PRIMACOR Injection belongs to the class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. This drug acts by inhbiting phosphodiesterase isoenzyme 3 in cardiac and smooth muscles, which increases the effect of cyclic-AMP. This leads to increased myocardial contraction and dilation of both arteries and veins in the heart.
How to use PRIMACOR Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
PRIMACOR Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of PRIMACOR Injection injection, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with PRIMACOR Injection ?
Drugs that interact with PRIMACOR Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRIMACOR Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of PRIMACOR Injection :
- Supraventricular arrhythmias
- Ventricular arrhythmias
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving PRIMACOR Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PRIMACOR Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while receiving PRIMACOR Injection if you have any respiratory problem, kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with PRIMACOR Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving PRIMACOR Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, kidney diseases, and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PRIMACOR Injection
- What are the contraindications of PRIMACOR Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving PRIMACOR Injection ?
- What is the standard dose of PRIMACOR Injection in adults for congestive heart failure?
- How long should I use PRIMACOR Injection ?
The contraindications of PRIMACOR Injection include heart attack, abnormally low blood pressure, decreased kidney function and abnormal heart rhythm.
You must monitor your blood pressure, kidney function, and blood mineral level while using PRIMACOR Injection .
The standard dose for congestive heart failure in adults includes a loading dose of 50mcg/kg IV over 10 minutes and maintenance infusion of 0.375 to 0.75 mcg/kg/min.
PRIMACOR Injection must be used as prescribed by the doctor.