What is PRIMACAL AT Softgel used for?
PRIMACAL AT Softgel capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of calcium deficiency disorders.
PRIMACAL AT Softgel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRIMACAL AT Softgel work?
PRIMACAL AT Softgel is used as the nutritional supplement. Calcitriol and Calcium supplementation helps in the formation of bones. Thus, it helps in treatment and prevention of calcium deficiency disorders.
Zinc is used as a supplement. It acts by supplementing zinc to the human body, thereby enhancing the normal functioning of the body. It also helps in preventing diseases.
How to take PRIMACAL AT Softgel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRIMACAL AT Softgel capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
If you miss a dose of PRIMACAL AT Softgel, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PRIMACAL AT Softgel?
Drugs that interact with PRIMACAL AT Softgel include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRIMACAL AT Softgel?
The following are the most common side effects of PRIMACAL AT Softgel:
- Dry mouth
- Metallic taste
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dehydration
- Urinary tract infection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRIMACAL AT Softgel?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to PRIMACAL AT Softgel or similar drugs.
- Consume plenty of water while taking PRIMACAL AT Softgel.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRIMACAL AT Softgel.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- It is advised to take fibre-rich foods, such as lentils, apples and oatmeal to avoid constipation.
You are advised not to take PRIMACAL AT Softgel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRIMACAL AT Softgel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypercalcemia (elevated calcium levels).
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about PRIMACAL AT Softgel
- How should PRIMACAL AT Softgel be stored?
- Is it safe to take PRIMACAL AT Softgel during pregnancy?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PRIMACAL AT Softgel?
It should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30°c) away from moisture, heat and light.
No. It is advised to discuss the potential risks and benefits with your physician before starting the medication.
Yes, it is advised to monitor serum calcium levels regularly while taking PRIMACAL AT Softgel.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.