What is PRESOLAR Capsule used for?
PRESOLAR Capsule tablet, capsule is used for the treatment of angina and hypertension.
PRESOLAR Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRESOLAR Capsule work?
In PRESOLAR Capsule, Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug blocks certain chemicals in the heart, which reduces the workload on the heart. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood pressure.
Nifedipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by blocking the entry of calcium into heart and also dilates blood vessels, thereby resulting in decreased blood pressure.
How to take PRESOLAR Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PRESOLAR Capsule tablet, capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule .
If you miss a dose of PRESOLAR Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PRESOLAR Capsule may include:
- Decreased heartbeat
- Decreased blood sugar levels
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with PRESOLAR Capsule?
Drugs that interact with PRESOLAR Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRESOLAR Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of PRESOLAR Capsule:
- Trouble sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Muscle cramps
- Chest congestion
- Swelling of extremities
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking PRESOLAR Capsule?
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drugs along with PRESOLAR Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PRESOLAR Capsule causes dizziness.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRESOLAR Capsule
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take PRESOLAR Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PRESOLAR Capsule?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart rhythm problems, breathing problems, blood circulation problems, kidney disease, liver diseases and myasthenia gravis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking PRESOLAR Capsule.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of PRESOLAR Capsule.
Frequently Asked questions about PRESOLAR Capsule
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PRESOLAR Capsule?
- How should PRESOLAR Capsule be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PRESOLAR Capsule?
- Can I recommend PRESOLAR Capsule to others?
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. However, please consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
PRESOLAR Capsule should be stored at a temperature below 30°C away from light and moisture.
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood sugar levels regularly in diabetes patients.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.