PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream 14gm
By Pfizer Limited Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream used for?
PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms of menopause. It is also used to treat the symptoms of breast and prostate cancer.
PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream cream is used for the treatment of vaginal dryness, itching and burning.
PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How to use PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream cream/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream cream to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream include the following:
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
How does PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream work?
PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream belongs to the class of drugs called hormones. The drug acts by binding to the oestrogen receptors and mimics the action of oestrogen, thereby reducing the menopausal symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
Drugs that interact with PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream:
- Stomach upset
- Breast tenderness
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest tightness
- Tingling of the hands or feet
- Vaginal bleeding
- Weight changes
- Slurred speech
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to use PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream
- Can PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream be used in the treatment of osteoporosis?
- Can I undergo metyrapone test while using PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
- Is it safe to use PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream in patients having a history of deep vein thrombosis?
- What precautions do I need to take while using PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream?
Yes. PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream can be used in the treatment of osteoporosis when recommended by the doctor.
No. It is advisable not to use PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream as it alters the test result. However, please consult your doctor.
No. It is unsafe to use PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream in patients having a history of deep vein thrombosis, as it increases the risk of blood clot.
PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream causes blotchy and dark areas on the skin, so avoid excessive exposure to the sun. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing while using PREMARIN VAGINAL Cream.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.