|Out of stock|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule used for?
PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy and painful nerve diseases, such as diabetic neuropathy, shingles and fibromyalgia.
PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule gel is used to relieve neuropathic pain associated with diabetes and postherpetic neuralgia.
PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule work?
PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. This drug acts by binding to the calcium channels in the brain and spinal cord. This reduces the release of specific neurotransmitters, such as glutamate, noradrenaline and substance P. These neurotransmitters are responsible for increased excitability of the nerve cells. Blocking the release of these neurotransmitters normalises the electrical activity in the brain and prevents epileptic fits.
PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule gel penetrates through the skin layers and reaches the bloodstream. It minimises the neuropathic pain by increasing the pain threshold.
How to use PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before applying PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule gel make sure that the area to be treated in clean and dry. Apply a thin layer of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule on the affected area and rub it gently.
- In case of a capsule/tablet, swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule capsule / tablet , please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Tightness in the chest
- Increased appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of the drug.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid excess usage of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule gel more than what is prescribed, as it can cause skin burning or irritation.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms such as changes in the mood and distressing thoughts while taking the drug.
You are advised not to use PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule
- Is PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet safe to use in geriatric patients?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet?
- Is it safe to use PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet while having any history of bleeding disorder?
- Do I experience any withdrawal symptoms if I discontinue PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule?
Consult your doctor before using PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule medication in older adults.
The doctor may lower the dose of medication to prevent the risk of side effects.
No. Altering the dose of PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule medication may worsen the existing symptoms.
Consult your doctor before using PREGANERVE 100mg Capsule medication if you have any history of bleeding disorder.
Yes, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, headache, nausea, flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea, nervousness, depression, sweating, pain and dizziness.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.