Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
PREGABID FORTE 50mg Capsule 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule used for?
PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule is used for the treatment of neuropathic pain and iron-deficiency anaemia. It is also used as a supplement in the vitamin deficiency disorders.
PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule work?
In PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule, Mecobalamin is an active form of vitamin B12. It acts by increasing the erythrocyte production by enhancing the nucleic acid synthesis in the bone marrow.
Pregabalin belongs to a class of drugs called anti-convulsants. The exact mechanism of action of Pregabalin is unknown. It is known to act by reducing the calcium-dependent release of several neurotransmitters in the brain. This reduces the abnormal neuronal excitability and relieves pain.
Folic Acid belongs to the vitamin B group. This drug acts by converting into analogues, which are transported across the cells to maintain normal production and maturation of red blood cells.
Pyridoxine belongs to vitamin B group. It helps in the metabolism of amino acids, synthesis of nucleic acids and haemoglobin.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant, which assists in the production of energy. It also restores the vitamin levels such as vitamin E and vitamin C.
How to take PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule:
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- Body movement impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while taking PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule if you have any kidney, liver or heart disorders.
- Avoid alcohol while on PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule.
You are advised not to take PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or blood disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule
- How should PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule be stored?
- Is it safe to give PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule to older adults
- How long can I take PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule?
PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, if prescribed. However, older adults should be carefully monitored for the side effects associated with PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule.
It is advised to take PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule medication.
Yes, periodic monitoring of blood cell count is advised while on PREGABID Forte 50mg Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.